Sunday, August 1, 2010

And the Winners Are…

Molly O!     and     Lucy!

Molly is a friend and foodie from Minnesota. (I am very excited Molly will be eating
this marmalade in her new kitchen. She and her beau are buying their first house; it looks just charming!) And Lucy is a friend and health-foodie from Central Pennsylvania, native to the next town over, but who has taken north to Joe-Pa country.

Coincidentally, both Molly and Lucy have more in common than they know. Both are daughters of former bosses, who remain exceptional friends. In fact, some of you may have heard me refer to Second Family #1 and Second Family #2 in other social media? These are offspring. Each was also just 3 years old when we met, and most importantly, both have grown into fine, intelligent, interesting young women, who I feel blessed to have known as children and to now know as adults.

You are doubting this was a random drawing, aren’t you? Well, I assure you, it was. Congrats to both! I’ll be in touch.

Also, thanks to all who followed, commented, and posted in an effort to win some homemade marmalade. If you’re in the neighborhood, please stop by for a sample. I’m happy to share from my stash!

Here’s a little story from my Saturday:
My 11-year-old son, Joe, is fighting his first case of Swimmers’ Ear. With it has come a considerable amount of jaw pain, so he’s basically been eating “soft” foods for the past few days. As a treat last night, I made him a big pot of peas and macaroni, one of his favorite dishes. He sees the pot and says: “Mom, there are two things I’d like to learn to cook before I grow up.” The first, of course, is peas and macaroni (no problem there), and the second is, “Broccoli and macaroni … the way DiDi makes it.” (For those who don’t know, DiDi is what my children call my mother.) So I say, “Well then, Joe, you’d better ask DiDi to teach you, cause mine is never as good as hers.” His reply? “I would have to agree with you on that.” I love my son.

I’ll see you back here later this week with a new post and some fun summer recipes! Buon Agosto!

2 comments:

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

I'm going to go cry myself into a stupor now that I didn't win.

I hope Molly and Lucy treasure every swipe of the marmalade!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Congrats to your marmalade winners!

Ouch ..swimmer ear is painful! I remeber having bouts of it as a child. Hope Joe feels better soon.

♥ Pat