Thursday, August 12, 2010

Happy Days

I’m starting to think this blog has “jumped the shark.” Most of my really good stories have already been told and I’m running out of recipes. Oh, sure, I have a bunch I’m saving for the holidays, but that’s still a ways away. And I’m not ready to tackle those subjects yet.

Hmm, what to offer for the next 12 weeks….

Do you have any good family recipes you’d like to share? What questions linger about your Mangia, Figlie hostess? Email your thoughts and recipes to mangiafiglie@verizon.net and let’s see where they take us.

Oh, now this could be fun!

4 comments:

Allie and Pattie said...

Now Maria! You're Italian! There's no WAY you're out of stories! In this Italian household a trip to the supermarket can turn into a novel LOL What kind of recipes would you like??

Maria M. Boyer said...

Actually, Pattie, it's funny how writing those three little paragraphs this morning has nudged my brain into writing mode again. As I was making dinner tonight, I started three different posts for weeks to come. So is the cycle of writing, I suppose.

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

Hmmm, a question for Maria...how about any help for your readers on how to thin radishes or grow perfect basil...maybe a garden update?

And how about pizza recipes...surely you must have some of those up your sleeve? I'd like one off the beaten path, maybe with caramelized onions and goat cheese (or something that actually comes from YOUR past).

What about once a week or month a post on a new Italian recipe you've wanted to tackle.

And I love your new haircut.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Maria I am late in reading this ( I was away a few weeks on vacation and I'm still catching up on things since I've been home), but I'd love to learn more about your work. Have you ever proofed a cook book, and while we are at it what are your favorite cook books? I seriously need a proof reader for my blog as I so often make mistakes that my eys does not see. My husband will point them out to me a day later...lol!

Where did your Italain ancestors coem fom in Italy and do they have any special recipes unique to their region?