Saturday, December 25, 2010

My Favorite Day of the Year!

The Baby Jesus has been placed in the manger, and Santa is on his way. As promised earlier in the week, here’s a quick peek at our Christmas Eve Feast of the Seven Fishes.

We started our day with cheese and olives…

app

…then prepped for the meal ahead. (You will recognize my mom in the bottom right, but that handsome guy up top in the middle is making his first appearance here on Mangia, Figlie. Welcome my nephew, Marc. We heart him so much!)

prep

Ralph roasted chestnuts on the grill. (They were a tender treat!)

chestnuts

And then we sat down for our 7 fishes (top row, l-r: She-Crab Soup, Mom’s Hot Baked Stuffed Clams, Calamari Salad; bottom row, l-r: Fried Oysters, Broiled Salmon and Codfish [with a caper sauce on the side], Shrimp and Grits). Uh … YUM!

fishes

Finally, we opened presents. Look at this wonderful gift from my brother and sister-in-law. Perfect, right?

book

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I loved sharing this special day and this special feast with my family. But alas, it is past midnight and I can hear Santa on the roof. Must go help out! Until next week, my friends:

Buon Natale!

1 comment:

Joshua Shifrin said...

I loved this post and I'm Jewish :-)